Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Duck in a Cup



Fluffy Ducky in a Cuppy

Since it is almost Easter and to celebrate the first day of spring, I decided to post an Easter-y picture, which I drew for a wonderful friend of mine, to thank her for all she does in my life. And what better way to thank her, than by doing one of the things I do best! Drawing a picture for her! 

I gave the cup and saucer a bit of an Alice in Wonderland feel to it. I know that any little ducklings would not care what company they were in (even if that company is the March Hare and the Mad Hatter) as long as there was a slice of lemon cake, (or any cake at all for this matter...) would join the fun in a heartbeat. 

The Duckling, turned out better than I imagined! On many occasions I've attempted to draw a duck, or duckling, but for some reason, they have never worked for me, until now. When modeling the 'Fluffy Ducky in a Cuppy' after my own pet duck, (Tilly) I found having a reference made it a lot easier. 


The next piece of artwork, is an invitation I made to invite my friend over before she left with her orchestra to go to China, where the orchestra is going to preform. I'm very chipper my friend got such a wonderful opportunity to go someplace new and exciting! 



'Lemur' Invite you to a Party! (No Colour)

Obviously, there is a difference between this 'Invitation' and my 'Thank You' Picture above.
One, was visibly larger, possibly because it was. The 'Fluffy Ducky in a Cuppy'  was drawn on a sheet of white medium weight paper. Whereas, ~ 'Lemur' Invite you to a Party! ~ was a cut piece of paper, so it would fit in a envelope.  Alas, even with that careful planning, the card still came out too big for the envelope.


'Lemur' Invite you to a Party! (Colour)

As you can probably see, the Lemur now has a different appearance, a few lines which didn't stand out before now stand out magnificently. The Lemur, is not eating yellow snow, so put that thought out of your mind completely! 

The Lemur, is snacking on banana ice cream. The reason for the banana, ("Always take a banana to a party, bananas are good." ~The Doctor) since, my friend and I are Doctor Who fans, I figured she'd enjoy the connection. As well as the quote included on the inside of the card. 

As always, on my cartoons, I used my pens, Manga Pens- expensive they may be, but absolutely brilliant when it comes to cartooning. On colourization, I used colour pencils, nothing too special.
Sometimes I use paints, or digital painting, but it depends on what I decide will look best.

For now, I shall bid you all farewell, and begin work on my next masterpiece. :)



Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, and Good Night! 





No comments:

Post a Comment