Monday, April 14, 2014

♦ Art Appreciation Monday ♦


Welcome to Art Appreciation Monday! 
I am always so honoured to get to speak to so many different, talented artists, from photographers, painters,  writers and digital artists! And I'm sure you've been delighted in some way or another by the artists who I've spotlighted...if you have not in some way enjoyed the artwork which I've spotlighted, have no fear, I'm sure one of these Mondays I'm going to find an artist who will fit your fancy!
Last week, I was very lucky to interview artist Lexieken of Deviant Art, if you missed the post click here.

This week, we have a special guest, who is not only a photographer, but also a model for her blog! I've been wanting to interview her FOREVER, and our spring weather has given me the opportunity to spotlight some of her fashions and photos! : ) 

Introducing... *Drum-roll* Alexandra Marie of tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com!! :)
As I said  before, I've been wanting to interview her for ages! So I'm super excited to get started!

I asked Alexandra what her favourite pictures were and one of them was,
 Meet Me At The Fair


Alexandra always chooses great places to take her pictures, not just sunny places like the beach, but busy sometimes chaotic places like the fairground! Which is why I believe she has a uniqueness not only to her pictures and blog posts, but it also makes the fashions she's modelling much more interesting!
Here she is modelling a lovely floral print romper and a blue over-shirt and an absolutely darling hat! 







Ariana: What's your name?
Alex: My name's Alexandra but I usually go by Alex :)

Ariana: Are you human/boy/girl?
Alex: Yup human- haha! And most definitely girl ;)

Ariana: What Country/Planet/State are you from?
Alex: I'm in the lovely, sunny state of California

Ariana: Do you have brothers/sisters/only child?
Alex:  I do! One younger sister

Ariana: Do you have any pets?
Alex:  I have a Shetland sheepdog named Dot.

Ariana: Birthday?
Alex: December



This blog post is absolutely hilarious, which is why you must check it out! :) Not only is there a funny story to go along with these pictures, but there is also some glamorous fashion ideas to be reaped from looking at her pictures! I love this cute blue checked dress so much, because it is paired with an adorable pair of shoes that have a cerise coloured rose on them! Alexandra  has a cute gold binocular necklace which adds the perfect touch to her dress! 




Ariana: What inspires you most to model and take pictures?
Alex: Hmm, I suppose probably reading other blogs and following some of my favorite photographers. I love discovering new pose ideas and picture techniques!

Ariana: How do you cope with lack of inspiration? 
(Coffee, caffeine pellets, candy, music...etc.)
Alex: Music is huge- I also enjoy meeting up with my friend, Jenna- plotting about great new over the moon blog plans with your bestie is a great little pick me up! Other days If I really need some vintage inspiration, I'll watch an Audrey Hepburn movie :)

Ariana: Talking about munchies... do you have a favourite food/drink? 
Alex: Oddly enough- I have a huge thing for black licorice- good and plenty is my all time favorite candy (and I have a crazy sweet tooth, so anything candy related does the trick)

Ariana: Do you have a favourite thing to photograph, or a favourite type of fashion to model? 
Alex: I definitely love taking pictures of people- I am actually a professional photographer outside of the blogosphere. I do anything from weddings to senoir portraits. I love shooting portraits because it's an opportunity to meet new people and capture who they are through the lens. As far as favorite fashion to model- absolutely, 100% anything vintage- particularly 1950s!

Ariana: I love your "Do it Yourself" section on your blog, are you inspired by other DIY or are these all original ideas from you?
Alex: Some of my DIYs are ideas I've discovered and re-created on my blog. Others are straight from my imagination :)

Ariana: You are excellent with your colours and sense of fashion, what would you say is an all around "NO" in the fashion world?
Alex: Eek- OK, so through blogging I've learned to be a lot more open to other styles and people's creativity. But I must say- there are a few things I've never been able to appreciate very much. One would be the neon trend- not that there is anything wrong with it- I just have never found the loveliness in it. Another would be anything overly masculine- muscle tanks, snap-backs, or anything of that nature.

 Ariana: What is your fashion staple? 
Alex: Dresses! Dresses are my weakness- I don't like spending money on pants of any kind (though, I'm always glad when I do). My other weaknesses would probably be accessories and beauty supplies.

Ariana: Now, we the followers of your blog get to see you all dolled up, do you ever wear sweat pants and an over-sized t-shirts? 
Alex: Haha, I love it! Yes, I unfortunately am not exempt to sloppy dressing. For the most part, I never like to leave the house without being a little dressed up, but at home it's not uncommon to catch me in pj pants and a camisole with messy hair.

Ariana: When did you decide you wanted be a photographer/model? 
Alex: Well, I discovered my love for photography when I was 14! I just grabbed a point and shoot camera and started taking pictures. It was love at first snap! As for modeling- it has just sort of become a hobby for me through my blog. Outside of that I don't actually do much with it- primarily because the industry is so cut throat. My mom used to model when she was my age and it was brutal!

Ariana: It is rather rare to find someone so true to their faith and so genuine in keeping both God and their work as one...do you ever have bullies saying mean things to you? 
Alex: It's interesting you should mention it- I have yet to have anyone criticize me for my faith, but I have had some unkind things said about me through the cyber world in the past. I think it's something that every blogger deals with, or will deal with. It's important to remember that we're all daughters of the King!

Ariana: Do you have any interests outside of photography and modelling? 
Alex: Many! I love reading and philosophy, playing piano, sketching, singing, and anything outdoors- I love adventures!

Ariana: How do you wind down after taking pictures or modelling? 
Alex: Usually by heading home from a shoot and editing my favorite shots from the shoot- it's the best part!

Ariana: What would your advice to other artists be? 
Alex:  Stay true to your style- don't be afraid to go against the flow. There will always be people who will put down your work, but there will also be people out there who will really appreciate your talent. As long as you follow God's path for your life, there are no limits!


As you can see this is what they wear in Spring on Jupiter and Mars! ;) The dress is so gorgeous with the slender tan belt, and paired with that red knee length coat that is popping with colour and cuteness with the gold buttons and inside pattern! Once again, I'm always impressed with how Alexandra colour coordinates everything, even the balloons look like they were made to match her coat! 
What can I say, Alexandra's fashions and blog posts will really- Fly you to the Moon, too! 


My favourite picture and fashion modelled by Alexandra is from her blog post,

One probably really obvious reason that this is my favourite picture and dress, is because of the polka dots!
I absolutely love polka dots, and with the added plus that this dress is fluffy and beautiful knee-length is an added bonus! With the off the shoulder sleeves showing off her graceful shoulders, pearl necklace and her peep toe high heels, what is there not to love about this picture?


Lastly, I would like to draw your attention to this excellent makeup tutorial that Alexandra has just uploaded onto her YouTube channel! So if you want to style your makeup like Alexandra's, I definitely suggest watching the video below! And of course subscribing to her YouTube channel!









I'm so grateful when an artist is willing to agree to do an "Art Appreciation Monday"! 

And I am so honoured to get to talk with wonderful artists like Alexandra, who knows so much and is willing to share her inspirational wisdom with others! I appreciate her agreeing to work with me for an Art Appreciation Monday, it is thanks to her and so many other artists that we can all bring a little more beautiful art and happiness to the world!  ♥
Thank you! 


*****All the artwork belongs to  Alexandra Marie!!!! There are links in blue which will direct you to the originals.**********


DO NOT USE ANY OF THE PICTURES/WRITTEN WORK 

POSTED HERE WITHOUT PERMISSION!!!!!!! 

If you want to use some of the Alexandra Marie's work, contact her through 

her blog here, not to mention she very much deserves loads of

 followers... so go follow her here. 






No comments:

Post a Comment