Thursday, February 27, 2014

Goodbye Sochi!

I have several explanations for my long absence...sorry about that. :\
Why no Art Appreciation Monday this week? 
I shall explain.
Friday, I had a dress rehearsal for an orchestra concert.
Saturday, was the actual concert, woohoo! 
We got to play one of my favourite pieces of music! Hoedown by Aaron Copland! 
Then, Sunday, I was very, very happy because for the first time I had a book signing! ☺
I will just say this, I take off my hat to famous authors who have fans waiting in line...I don't know how they do it. I didn't want to be neglectful or mean by not saying "Hello" to everyone, but somehow I still feel like I  neglected some people. :( 
I had SO much fun though, and the new library is gorgeous!
Thanks to The Logan County Public Library, for inviting me! ♥

And by Monday I was tired, and I didn't really have the time or mental energy to put a blog post together...being famous is hard work. ;)

So anyway, Sunday I doffed my cap to Russia for their great winter games. 
During the winter games, on several occasions I was babysitting at the same time, so my nephew and I drew pictures. I know this isn't the artwork you want...it isn't astounding...but I like how they came out.
I only used crayons and the moving athletes on screen for my subjects.

Speed Skating.


Skiing, this was actually going to be snowboarding until I realised my person was angled wrong so...

Skier

When I watched the final episode of Sherlock series three, His Last Vow, I was rather bored with the plot and by this time fed up with the whole series so...since the crayons were still out, I grabbed a piece of paper and ended up with this picture. In case you can't see it.... it is a violinist, and the colours around the person is really, what it feels like to master a piece of music and just...let the music wash through your soul.

Violinist


And that's about everything that's been going on. Until next time. :) 


Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, and Good Night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment