Monday, March 3, 2014

♦ Art Appreciation Monday! ♦

I'm so happy that Art Appreciation Monday is back this week! This week we have another special and talented guest....are you ready...*drum-roll* DansedesSonges from Deviant Art!

The wickedly talented DansedesSonges, dazzles her followers on Deviant art with classic artwork, ranging from fan art to creations of her imagination, there is so much to marvel at in her traditional artwork!


 This is another show I have been recommended to watch, Hannibal, which sounds fantastic!
This is Mads Mikkelsen who plays Dr. Hannibal Lecter in the series Hannibal. :) DansedesSonges, does excellent work with her shading... simply using graphite! I hope the actor Mads Mikkelsen sees this picture, because it is amazing! I think he would be truly flattered and the artist deserves that recognition! :)




Ariana: What's your name outside Deviant Art?
Danse des Songes: I keep that to myself! I work under the pseudonym, Danse des Songes (Dance of dreams). This pseudonym was created from the initials of my real name. Because my dreams play a dominating role in my creations.

Ariana: Are you human/boy/girl?
Danse des Songes: I'm a girl.

Ariana: What Country/Planet/State are you from?
Danse des Songes: I live in Ardèche, in France.

Ariana: Do you have brothers/sisters/only child?
Danse des Songes: I have a brother.

Ariana: Do you have any pets?

Danse des Songes: No, but I would like very much to have a cat soon. I like animals a lot, and put a lot more and more into the associations of animal protection.

Ariana: Birthday?
Danse des Songes: 25, March.

One of my many favourites by DansedesSonges, is her

 Leopard is in coloured pencils, and why am I the first to say this, "WOW!". 
I love the details that DansedesSonges, puts in her pictures. When you look at this picture, you first think- "ah, what a beautiful picture..." then you realise, oh wait, that's actually a drawing! 

I have always been amazed whenever I find an artist or photographer who is just astoundingly amazing, and they haven't got a huge fan-base. 




Ariana: What inspires you most to paint/draw?
Danse des Songes: Dreams, nature, animals, literature... My sources of inspiration are numerous... But, since September, I decided to take back my bases and to work the techniques in drawing and paint. Thus, at present, I realize especially exercises of training.

Ariana: How do you cope with lack of inspiration?
Danse des Songes: I take a break, I go outside and sometimes make meditation.

Ariana: Do you have a favourite media to paint/draw with?
Danse des Songes: Acrylic and graphite.

Ariana: Do you have a favourite thing to paint, movies, people, animals, what is your favourite thing to paint/draw?
Danse des Songes: Because I work the technique, I try to draw different things, actors of series, animals, landscapes...

Ariana: When did you decide you wanted be an artist?
Danse des Songes: I have been chained to a diverse job, so it's not always easy. So I finally decided to be myself and work doing what I like, I have worked with my passion the last year.

Ariana: Do you have any interests outside of painting/drawing?
Danse des Songes:  Music (metal, classical music, Indus...), the series, movies especially horror and fantasy, literature, and poetry...

Ariana: How do you wind down after painting/drawing?
Danse des Songes: I watch a series, or I listen to music...

Ariana: Do you have a favourite food/drink?
Danse des Songes: I like chocolate, and sushi... I like the good dishes and the desserts!

Ariana: What would your advice to other artists be?
Danse des Songes: To remain humble, for them to always be sincere in their art. And especially persevere, keep enthusiasm.

Once again, DansedesSonges has worked her magic on yet another masterpiece. It is so cool to look at this picture, with all the grey tones and how the blue eye of the Husky just pops out at you. It's such a beautiful picture, so artistic and celestial. And what makes it even more amazing is that, DansedesSonges does it in coloured pencils!

The next gorgeous piece is called


I love how DansedesSonges, kept her colours to light blue and grey hues which give the picture an almost ghost-like appearance. It is surreal and, for some reason it makes me think of the night sky...like she is looking up into the pure beauty of the moon. DansedesSonges, painted this picture with acrylics and I will just say this picture takes my breath away with it's brilliance! 

If you liked this artwork, DansedesSonges has more on her Deviant Art page here.
She has lots more artwork and it is sure to please anyone who is in need of some inspiration! 


As always, I'm so very happy that DansedesSonges agreed to be a part of my "Art Appreciation Monday"! It is so brilliant to speak to so many different people and learn new things and how they handle situations in different ways, is always so interesting! :) Thank you!




*****All the artwork belongs to DansedesSonges. There are links in blue which will direct you to the originals.**********

DO NOT USE ANY OF THE ARTWORK/WRITTEN WORK 

POSTED HERE WITHOUT PERMISSION!!!!!!! 

If you want to use some of the artist's artwork or written work, 
contact her through Deviant Art, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment