Monday, March 10, 2014

♦ Art Appreciation Monday! ♦ - The Oscars!

I've showcased some great artists of late...some of them with the beautiful, powerful words, like Matt Nguyen, or beautiful digital art like sheWolf294, or traditional artwork like those of last Monday's Art Appreciation by  DansedesSonges...but there are artists in this world who do not show their artistic abilities through stroke of a brush, by the colouring of the canvas...no...
The Internet has allowed me to meet these people in another way outside of our living breathing universe, rather through the technological universe. I have spoken to artists from all over, and the Internet made this possible. You know the Internet is a wonderful, wonderful thing, it brings a boundless information to us...but with the goodness of the Internet, there is also bad. People can make friends with new people in different countries, through e-mail, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter or even Deviant Art...but with these great and easy ways of communication, also comes a lot of horrible, rude, nasty comments- made by people who don't seem to think through what they say, before they say it. This isn't just about high school bullies, (so you know it isn't just you being bullied!) this is about people who can't see past their own self importance.

Today, I want to honour our celebrities, who "we" think have the life... but actually don't.
Many actors and actresses, are great artists, although they do not paint the scenery, or write the words...they bring reality to the fantasy- they help us visualise these stories.... things, people and places which we once saw only as words. As an author and avid reader, I have read many books which were lucky to be made into a live motion picture...we live in a world that is filled with wonderful technology, coloured tv, HD and 3D movies, and I believe that we've all gotten lazy and stopped appreciating all the people- all the work, and all the effort it takes to make these wonderful movies, so why do we abuse them? 
 Sometimes, I think people forget just how difficult acting is...
Jimmy Kimmel, recently began doing something he calls, "Celebrities Read Mean Tweets". At first I thought it was rather cruel, and mean- and for a little while I could have said something mean about Jimmy Kimmel, but I'm rather glad I didn't...because he wasn't being mean...he's trying to make us understand words do mean something, and have a lot more of an impact than we think they do. 




So Sunday during the Oscars, we had this humongous snowstorm and it kept making the electricity flicker...I was like, "STOP IT- Idina Menzel hasn't been on yet!!!!" 
Which is rather ironic, I waited to see her perform "Let it Go", and it was blizzarding outside. (I am aware blizzarding is not a word, but it sounds really cool!)
In case you don't know who Idina Menzel is, she is the lovely voice behind Queen Elsa from Disney's Frozen. :) As it was, I was sad because she had to sing it at a faster tempo then in the movie...so it was a little disappointing not getting to hear its original splendour. :(  Nevertheless, Idina Menzel has a gorgeous voice and she had a fantastic performance considering that it was live, and I must say  her dress was simply beautiful! :)



Although...I have to say, Sandra Bullock wins best dress...

Except that it needed a giant rhinestone on it! :)


Of course, my newest favourite actress, Lupita Nyong'o also had on a ravishing dress...

I loved her dress, except the top part...I wish it didn't plunge so... but all the same her dress was gorgeous!
Lupita Nyong'o knows how to dress! And she can certainly make a wonderful speech! ♥

I cannot understand why some people are so angry that Jennifer Lawrence didn't win the Oscar and are talking ill about Lupita Nyong'o. It's very sad, both she and Jennifer Lawrence are very talented women, and I think they're both great. Alas, I have not seen "American Hustle", which is what Jennifer Lawrence was nominated for, however, I have seen "12 Years A Slave", and Lupita's performance was brilliant! Her Oscar was very well deserved! It makes me terribly sad though, that people are willing to slam Lupita Nyong'o with ill wishes for winning. I don't personally know Jennifer Lawrence, but she does not strike me as someone who would approve of her fans speaking ill of another actress. I have seen where several people on the Internet were calling her foul, horrid names- names which she does not deserve. One person in particular said, "Nobodies don't deserve to win an Oscar!" 
Hmm...
Well, do you know something...nameless person on the Internet? 
Everyone starts out as a nobody sometime, and even when they start they aren't a nobody, they're a somebody. Lupita Nyong'o is a someone, just like I am, and my sister, and even you, even though you are a little- minded nameless person on the Internet. 
And because we are "someone", we have voices and we can aspire to do things in this world, and we must choose whether to do good things or bad things! It does not matter what our age or experience is! We can also make people feel good about themselves, by spreading a smile, hug or friendly "Hello", from one to another! We can make this world a truly wonderful place, if only we can stop the cruelness which our hearts shrink away from!
Is it your ambition in life to be an evil troll who likes to pull the rug of happiness out from other people's feet?
So why would you, or anyone, say something like that....or like this? 
Some people are saying Lupita Nyong'o, is ugly and undeserving, "very overrated she played in 1 big movie,just because her character's life was the hardest doesn't mean she deserves to win it doesn't take much talent to cry in a movie and get beaten up.plus Lupita will never land a role like this again she isn't that good of an actress she can play depressing characters which isn't that hard..."
It is because the people who say this are jealous and angry, and I have to say this to those of you who comment mean and hateful things like this, without thinking, about any person that has succeeded...this doesn't get you recognised...Jennifer Lawrence won't like you better because you slammed Lupita Nyong'o for winning...quite opposite actually... she won't. 
And by opening yourself up to hateful thoughts towards a woman who deserved her award and is an inspiration to other young women, encouraging them to dream and believe in themselves...then you're wrong...and in that sad, depressing state of mind you'll stay, and to what avail, that one day you can brag that you made an actress cry? Just because they're famous doesn't mean they don't have feelings. I'm not saying you aren't entitled to opinions, I'm simply stating that we shouldn't say mean things about others just for the attention it will get us. So, your mean tweet made it in a news article, whoop-dee-doo, I want to ask you, how would you feel if you won an award and someone said that to you? 

I hope with all my heart Lupita Nyong'o has the most successful career ever! 

As for me, I cannot wait to see Lupita's next big movie! Because I know she is one of those actresses who will achieve greatness, not only by her superb acting abilities, but also by her sweet nature and goodwill towards others. :) 

Congratulations to all the winners of the Oscars! 

So that is my post for this Art Appreciation Monday! If you know of an artist, musician, writer, dancer, actor or actress please let them know how much you appreciate their hard work and effort at making all of our lives just a little bit more beautiful, funny and entertaining!!

No comments:

Post a Comment